Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ripples in my pond of serenity



Since coming home from my retreat on Saturday, I have had one day of peace where I stayed home and got some school work done. I've had a visitor in my home since then.It has been 3 days. It didn't dawn on me how much I have come to appreaciate my independence and peace of mind. While I love the company of people at times, at others...human interaction is just pure torture. Not to say this it torture right now but I'm definitely ready for some solitude.

It is true that the most difficult part of learning something is in putting it to practise. In the face of all the complaining, stress is beginning to seep back into my life. Slowly but very surely. I see it now. All the stress people create for themselves from greed. The want to save money, the want to make more money, the want to have the best of everything, the want of all their dream to come true. How deluded. There will never be contentment if we continue to travel down this path. Acting as though our very lives (and happiness) depended upon getting the best. As though we will be anhilated should we not get the best television set, or the best kitchen cabinet. I'm willing to put money where it says we will not perish in light of not having the granite countertops match the colour of the wall.

A desktop background at a previous job site once said:
Relax, everything we were meant to do has already been done.

No comments: