Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Life Be Like...

As I look out the window of my 3rd floor apartment, I realize how very lonely my life is. Obligations of school and work have put me in a place of self-cherishing with very little time for others, even in their time of need. Who was it who said that relationships are all about give and take, and I have done nothing but take with very little giving back. My assignments and study days have become more important to me when the people I used to care about.

So it is only natural that when my time of need comes, there isn't anyone around except for my most loyal of friends. But even they have felt the strain of the relationship I am sure. Most of my relationships have been driven away one by one as I sat by and watched. A decision still needs to be made if there is any hope of restoration. Do I change my perspective and begin to consider other people's needs before my own? I can't. More like I won't. School is still the most important part of my life and I think the signal is out there loud and clear.

If I should have to choose between sacrificing a friendship/ relationship for that piece of paper, I am embarrassed to say that my actions speak louder than words.

No comments: