Saturday, August 7, 2010

Another Sex & the City Moment

It totally was. This summer I'm mostly hanging with some girl friends and our weekly dinner/ Saturday night get together is starting to mysteriously feel like an episode out of Sex & the City. Today we actually talked about it too. We were trying to figure out characters and whatnot.

Kathy is a 33 year old massage therapist who lives on the North Shore. She has 2 degrees, one in Biology, one in Nursing and now she has given up all those for a thriving career as a massage therapist. Kathy introduced me as her best friend at the last party we went to. Current Men Situation (CSM): Kathy is in love with a bus driver who is 60 years old, she's casually dating a 32 year old who has a 17 year old daughter and occasionally makes out with a 53 year old who has 3 kids.

Lily is a 28 year old graduate student in the middle of switching majors. She lived in the states for awhile but has decided to call Vancouver her home. She's close friends with my cousin. I had only met her last year through a mutual friend whom I known in high school. Current Men Situation (CSM): Lily is going through some rough times. She just found out that her recent ex-boyfriend is getting married to a woman his mom had picked out for him months ago. He failed to mentioned this tiny lil fact to her until a couple of days ago. What-an-idiot. Needless to say, she's pissed and going through rough times. Went to the clinic today, doctor says she may be pregnant. Blood test done, results in 5 days.


Farah is a 37 year old teacher turned bank teller. She's sexy and confident but repeatedly has man issues. I had only met her 6 months ago when I moved out of my old place and she moved in. Farah is new to this country and culture. I felt the need to take her under my wings and introduce some friends to her. Current Men Situation (CSM): I have a feeling Farah was hurt once before, really bad. But she is looking and haven't been having much luck. She's beautiful and attract attention where ever she goes because of her bubbly personality.

My CSM: Nothing, nada, zero...nothing on the horizon and you know, let's keep it like that for a little while :) It's me time.

No comments: