Monday, November 1, 2010

FML as a counsellor

Dear reader(s),

Some days I really wish my career path was something different. Today is one of those days. While I spend all my working hours listening to others talk about their problems in life, the last thing I want to do is listen to family and friends in the event that I do have moments off.

Although I had spent all weekend in isolation, it felt good. Not seeing people means not having to work. Such is what my life has come to at the moment. Breathe, everything in life is transitory. There has to be lighter moments to life but I do not remember what they feel like.

On my day off from work today, I headed to the library to do some studying. I was joined by a friend who had had a really rough day dealing with her boss. While I really care about my friend, and wanted to be there for her (which I did)...I would be lying if I said our conversation did not take a toll on me. It felt like work.

The thing about this line of work is that it never ends. And you do not ever leave work at work. When human connections are involved, one does not stop to put caring aside.

With love,

Ana

No comments: